Friday, May 2, 2008

Rippin' out the edges

I ended up ripping out all the ribbing I had done around the edges of the hexagon sweater. Once I started casting off I realized that there was just too much yarn for that area. But hopefully this time it will go faster since there are 33% fewer stitches :-) I've found that with this pattern, it's not so much about following the pattern as understanding what it should look like when it's done.

In looking for more patterns for my sock machine, I somehow came accross this entire weird cloth diaper (disposable diapers are evil) sub-culture society. And I bought into it. So I'm thinking that I'll start making some cloth diapers for when Brad and I eventually have kids. Just so I'm prepared. If for some reason we don't have kids, I can always sell them. He'll think I'm crazy, but maybe I won't tell him. After all, he claims I promised 2 crazy-free years counting from the date of our wedding. All I remember is that I told him I was saving the crazy for until after we were married. But I digress.

Here's a free one that seems to be the most recommended: http://www.ottobredesign.com/en/print/pdf/vaippa_en.pdf

And here's the one that looks the most technically sound (using some interesting fabrics for the outer shell):
http://www.sewshoppe.com/hbptn.shtml

And this one looks interesting since the same size should fit newborns as toddlers:
http://www.sewshoppe.com/ppptn.shtml

Please, really, don't ask me how I choose my obsessions.

Now I just gotta get my hands on a surger.

No comments: