Wednesday, April 30, 2008

TAH-DAH!



My first pair of socks is done! It took about 2 hours to do the pair, but I'm sure it'll get faster with time. I haven't tried them on yet as they're still a bit damp, but I think they might be a little too big. These were done using Angora Valley's Foxglove yarn (Cotton/Wool/Nylon 50/25/25). There's enough on the cone to make another pair (or more) and perhaps a pair of mittens if I can figure out how to do it on the CSM.

While I haven't been blogging, I have been busy crafting. An impromptu Niagara Falls visit was very productive in the knitting department. I had one of the hexagons for the sweater done, and I got the second one done on the trip. I've put the hexagons together and am working on the finishing. I might have to rip out what's done of the border, though. I decided not to use smaller needles for the ribbing around the edges, but still followed the pattern that has you do a 33% increase. That might be too much. But it's very close! This is very interesting how it goes together, but I don't care for all the loose ends that need to be woven in. Here's my progress:



No comments: