Saturday, March 1, 2008

Everything tastes better when chocolate coated....


I decided to dip the caramels I made in chocolate and wrap them up. Yummie. I think I forgot to take a pic after dipping, but here's the pieces ready to dip... Brad's favorite way to eat them is straight out of the freezer. I prefer my chocolate and caramel at room temperature so that it melts in your mouth. We're meeting friends for dinner, so I'll be offloading much of this load on them, you can tell we like them way too much. Can't have all that candy sitting around for Brad and me.

And I now have 8 repetitions of the hounds tooth pattern done on the bag, just 6 more to go and it'll be ready to felt. It's going a lot quicker than I thought it would. It looks more hounds-toothy in the picture than it does in person. I'm not sure why. Ruth - I think this might be a good pattern for you, I'll have to send it along when I get around to sending you the hat pattern I promised.

I had been trying to get my grandmother's knitting machine to work for the last few months with no luck. I've spent many many frustrating hours with it. Ugh. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the machine, or if I'm not doing something right. Grandma's machine is pretty fancy and has lots of bells and whistles, so I decided to start on something more simple. I won a basic knitting machine off eBay, I hope it arrives soon! It doesn't do anything but just knit. No intarsia, no ribbing, no tucking, nothing but knit.
We're off to see "Better Off Dead" at the Cedar Lee tonight and meeting friends for dinner beforehand. Should be lots of fun, I'm just hoping I don't get paged from work during the middle of it. Time to go check my databases to see if anything looks like it might cause me issues later.

2 comments:

breno said...

I agree! and you are so talented,too!

RJ and Ruth said...

Send along the pattern...looks REALLY cool.