Sunday, March 30, 2008

Yarn Is My Crack

While I haven't been doing much knitting and such lately, I've at least been thinking about it. On Saturday I managed to hit my FAVORITE yarn store in Cuyahoga Falls. Sadly enough, good yarn stores are hard to come by, and Stitch, Piece, 'n Purl is a tough act to follow.

I haven't been able to find a good sock machine yet, but I'm getting ready for when I do! I've found some wonderful yarns just itching to be socks. I don't think the picture does the turquois/indigo yarn justice. The name of the color is "Salty Dog". Once I saw it, I just couldn't put it down. It's just so rich and deep and it called to me, I wanted to lick it. The skein on the right is a fun orange/yellow/green/blue.

I found that my favorite yarn company, Brown Sheep , is now making tweed yarns. I picked up a vintage baby sweater design a month ago and I'm thinking that might be just right for this yarn.

No comments: