Saturday, February 16, 2008

Janel's shower

I love making favors for showers and parties! For Janel's shower, I decided to do two things: Favors and centerpieces. There should be anywhere from 20-30 people at the shower, so I'm planning on 36 just in case there are any equipment malfunctions.

For the favors, I'm making little soaps with rubber duckies "floating" in them. I looked around for appropriate rubber duckies and found some cute baby duckies with little blue rattles. THEN I found the "fairy tale" rubber duckies. I thought it very approprate to have little geeky duckies for the son of Wolfgang! There's a knight, a king, a queen, a noble steed, a dragon, and little red riding hood. Very sweet.



The Centerpieces will be made from Chocolate lolly-pops. I was originally looking for a baby bottle mold, but found a mold for pacifier pops and decided to go with that instead. I've picked up some cute flower pots. When the time comes, I shall arrange the pops into a "boquet" in the pots using some of that green porous foam usually used for flower arrangements. Maybe I'll look for some silk flowers to fill it out, we'll see. Here are how the pops look so far...

1 comment:

RJ and Ruth said...

Any other parties we do, you'll definitely be doing the favors. These are sweet! :)