Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's been way too long, sorry! With the holidays, fighting a sinus infection and a cold, and putting in as much time as possible to finish the office, I've just had so many other things to do.
Without further ado, the new office!

My corner...

Brad's side...

Notice the big pail of beer doing it's primary fermenting on the floor! Also, you can kinda see Brad's computer hanging underneath the counter. I hope to keep as much up off the floor as possible! We don't have curtains up yet, we need to finish filling the nail holes around the window and touch up. Probably shouldn't have moved in before doing that because now there's no incentive, but we were just too excited to have our office space back.


This is a credenza I bought for Brad for the basement last year. It never really worked for us down there, so I repainted it and repurposed it for the office. Eventually it will hold our printers, papers and files. I bought it second hand from an industrial surplus warehouse, so the outside was a bit banged up (even though the inside was immaculately brand-new clean). I did a distress finish on it so that it didn't matter what the outside looked like and I didn't have to try to get it smooth. The doors haven't been polyurethaned yet, so I didn't put them back up yet.


A closeup view of the distressing.


Here's the aftermath of the junk from the old office still in the dining room/living room. I had it all spread out to sort and now it looks like a hurricane blew threw! Add this to my list of things to do...

No comments: