Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tired but happy!

I've been busy lately, some with crafting, some not. Today I just finished constructing a raised bed to be used for a vegetable garden. We'll need to install it yet. When we order mulch, we'll also order some top soil and compost to fill it with. Then I just need to figure out what vegetables I want to grow!

I've also been in a quilting kick. A co-worker of Brad's is having twins (a boy and a girl) after a long time trying. In celebration, I'm making matching quilts for them. This yellow one is for the girl, I'm almost finished with the green one for the boy. The only difference between them is the backing color. It's hard to tell from the pciture, but the blue fabric has ducks and frogs in funny clothes, and there's green and yellow in there that the other colors pick up on.



....And another one for a friend in England whose wife is pregnant, also after much trying. This time I added in two more fabrics (blue/green and orange) and made 1/3 of the squares "log cabin" style. I had to try a few combinations before it didn't just look like a jumble of mismatched squares. There are a few squares missing, but you'll get the idea. Once again, it looks so much better in real life!





No comments: